Most days I'm either researching and creating classroom curriculum for our managers, or I'm actually teaching in the classroom. I also lead new employee orientation each week, and I assist in the development of other programs in the company.
Training and Development Specialists
Salary Median (2020)
Projected Job Growth (2019-2029)
+8.1% (as fast as the average)
Roadtrip Nation Leaders in This Career
What Training and Development Specialists Do
Design or conduct work-related training and development programs to improve individual skills or organizational performance. May analyze organizational training needs or evaluate training effectiveness.
Other Job Titles Training and Development Specialists May Have
Corporate Trainer, Job Training Specialist, Learning and Development Specialist (L and D Specialist), Training Specialist
How Leaders Describe a Typical Day at Work
Counseling and preparing the public to become knowledgeable about today's business, economy and labor market trends to be successful in their career. Create Employment Plans/Goals. Train soft skills and Interviewing techniques to the job seeker.
Tasks & Responsibilities May Include
- Present information with a variety of instructional techniques or formats, such as role playing, simulations, team exercises, group discussions, videos, or lectures.
- Obtain, organize, or develop training procedure manuals, guides, or course materials, such as handouts or visual materials.
- Evaluate modes of training delivery, such as in-person or virtual, to optimize training effectiveness, training costs, or environmental impacts.
- Offer specific training programs to help workers maintain or improve job skills.
- Assess training needs through surveys, interviews with employees, focus groups, or consultation with managers, instructors, or customer representatives.
This page includes information from theO*NET 26.1 Databaseby the U.S. Department of Labor, Employment and Training Administration (USDOL/ETA). Used under theCC BY 4.0license. O*NET® is a trademark of USDOL/ETA.