I am a military spouse, mother of four, ministry leader, and Bible teacher. I teach Bible studies on and around U.S. Air Force bases with the goal of getting women connected, to teach them to build community, and to share the hope they have in Jesus. If a student were to shadow me, they would watch as I compose expository messages to teach, upload previous lessons to our online forum, and participate in our weekly Bible study. I teach discipleship, mentorship, and "life on life" mission.
Directors, Religious Activities and Education
Salary Median (2020)
Projected Job Growth (2019-2029)
+3.6% (slower than the average)
Roadtrip Nation Leaders in This Career
What Directors, Religious Activities and Education Do
Coordinate or design programs and conduct outreach to promote the religious education or activities of a denominational group. May provide counseling, guidance, and leadership relative to marital, health, financial, and religious problems.
Other Job Titles Directors, Religious Activities and Education May Have
Children's Ministries Director, Christian Education Director, Religious Education Director, Youth Director
How Leaders Describe a Typical Day at Work
Tasks & Responsibilities May Include
- Identify and recruit potential volunteer workers.
- Develop or direct study courses or religious education programs within congregations.
- Publicize programs through sources, such as newsletters, bulletins, or mailings.
- Train and supervise religious education instructional staff.
- Select appropriate curricula or class structures for educational programs.
This page includes information from theO*NET 26.1 Databaseby the U.S. Department of Labor, Employment and Training Administration (USDOL/ETA). Used under theCC BY 4.0license. O*NET® is a trademark of USDOL/ETA.